The popularity of nootropics and smart drugs is at an all-time high. The drug promotes mental performance boosting your focus, motivation, memory, intelligence, and creativity. In the highly competitive workforce, these attributes have become essential for individuals to survive.
But you want to make sure you do some research and use natural nootropic supplements. The natural ingredients will ensure you reach the peak of your mental performance safely as synthetic options may pose risk.
You don’t have to scavenger the internet for information on the best natural nootropics because we have tried and tested a hundred on your behalf. All so we can suggest our top picks to make your “hunt” a lot easier.
The Four Best Natural Nootropics
Thrivous Clarity claims to enhance memory, focus, attention, mood, and overall cognitive function. Many companies that make such claims tend to hide their ingredients. That’s not the case with Thrivous.
The supplement contains thiamin, Vitamin B6, niacin, amongst a few other vitamins and minerals. You will find thiamin in a lot of nootropic supplements because it boosts energy which improves mood and reduces stress. While there aren’t many studies that link it to cognitive benefits there are beliefs that it improves the health of neurons in the long run.
Vitamin B6 also improves the body’s ability to burn fat and carbs into energy. It also enhances the neurotransmitter process that is linked to improving mental health. Niacin or Vitamin B3 works to reverse the effect of issues like memory loss and confusion. It provides the brain with the required energy to function well, increasing the activity of brain cells.
Thrivous Clarity has enough content of the natural ingredients to meet your daily requirements to ensure optimal cognitive function. The company is transparent and does rigorous testing to ensure quality control. It also has the perfect blend of supplements to improve the brain’s function. This is why we recommend it to anyone looking for natural nootropics.
- Thiamin – 25 mg
- Riboflavin – 25 mg
- Niacin – 100 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 25 mg
- Vitamin B12 – 240 mcg
- Natural ingredients that won’t harm your body
- Includes plenty of B vitamins which are known to boost mental performance.
- Vegan-friendly nootropics.
- No form of stimulants such as caffeine to boost cognitive function for a short period.
ADDI-A is geared towards college students and professional adults, to help them improve focus and concentration when exams come rolling around. You can think of it as a natural and safe substitute to Adderall, but of course, not as strong. But, we wouldn’t recommend anyone to substitute it with their prescribed Adderall because it won’t have a similar impact on those individuals since it isn’t as strong.
The supplement contains numerous amino acids that have been linked to improving brain function such as L-carnitine, L-tyrosine, and L-theanine. L-carnitine is linked to enhancing the production of energy in the body and improving muscle and brain function. L-tyrosine has been linked to improving mood and the production of brain chemicals that enable nerve cells to communicate better. L-theanine can improve your cognition and attention, giving you the ability to focus on what you want.
You will find the ingredients you need to help boost focus and concentration in ADDI-A. It also features caffeine which will also boost brain function and keep you alert.
Overall, ADDI-A keeps you alert, focused, and promotes brain function. A reason why it is popular with college students. From our trials with it, we felt a boost in concentration when we used it. The supplement works well and has natural ingredients so shouldn’t pose much risk to you.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 500 mg
- Alpha GPC 50% 300 mg
- Bacopa 200 mg
- L-Theanine 200 mg
- Boosts concentration and focus.
- Enhances brain function and alertness.
- Helps with mental fatigue.
- The supplement doesn’t contain many vitamins which can also boost mental performance.
The Genius Pre Workout Powder is geared towards gym-goers who want to focus more and enhance muscle pumps. We decided to give it a try after reading the ingredients of the powder, many of which promote brain functionality.
Like ADDI-A, Genius Pre Workout Powder is packed with amino acids that boost focus and concentration. It contains L-tyrosine, L-arginine, and L-citrulline malate. We have already discussed L-tyrosine’s link to improving mood and brain chemicals for functioning. L-citrulline malate is found in medicines treating diseases linked to memory loss such as dementia and Alzheimer’s. It is known to enhance memory retention and boost energy.
L-arginine promotes blood flow to the brain, which also enhances its function. So, the powder has the ingredients to boost mental performance but does it work?
Well, this is where it gets a little tricky. The powder certainly improves concentration, you will feel more energized and focused rather quickly after taking it probably due to the mixture of taurine and caffeine. But we aren’t too sure of the long-lasting effect of the powder on mental performance. It works more like a quick boost than a long-term enhancer.
Overall, the Genius Pre Workout Powder gives your brain the boost it needs to improve concentration. It just may not be as effective in the long run as others on the list like Thrivous Clarity.
- L-Citrulline malate 6g
- L-Tyrosine 1g
- L-Arginine 1g
- Taurine 1g
- Betaine Anhydrous 2g
- Boosts focus and concentration.
- Organic, vegan friendly.
- Works as a short-term boost, we couldn’t find much long-lasting effect of the powder.
Percepta is the second supplement on our list that is designed specifically to improve brain health as we age. It combats challenges such as memory loss due to brain plaque and tangles to reduce the impact of aging on the brain.
The supplement contains a unique ingredient called cat’s claw, a climbing vine found in South America. The ingredient has been used in South America for centuries and is considered to have medicinal and spiritual healing. A study does link the ingredient to reducing brain plaque and tangles. Which solidifies the company’s claim that Percepta does just that. There is also the fact that many in South America swear by the ingredient.
It also contains oolong tea extract which has been linked to improving focus and concentration. The ingredient improves the blood flow to the brain so it functions as it should.
Percepta has a lot of information on its website that backs up the claims it has made. We are certain that the supplement achieves what it claims but note that you will need to take it regularly, especially if you feel your brain doesn’t function as well as it used to.
With Percepta, you get a natural supplement that has the potential to improve mental performance. With all the upside it presents and no major drawbacks, it is a smart buy.
- Cat’s claw
- Oolong tea extract
- The supplement improves blood flow to the brain which enhances focus and concentration.
- All-natural ingredients, vegan friendly.
- Contains oolong tea extract which improves metabolism, burns fat, and increases mental alertness.
- No scientific studies backing the cat’s claw claims made by Percepta.
Buyer’s Guide for Nootropics
The main purpose in buying natural nootropics and smart drugs is to enhance the brain’s function naturally, improving how your mind and body works. Synthetic drugs that claim to provide similar results tend to have side effects, while you won’t find any major ones with natural options.
You will find tons of nootropics that claim to be natural, but maybe synthetic. This is why you must read the ingredients and do some research before you pick one up. Of course, we have done all that work for you in picking our top four.
To make the selection process even easier for you, we further breakdown our selections.
The best for overall brain health – If you told us to pick one supplement as the best natural nootropics for brain health, we would have to go with Thrivous Clarity. The reason being it has ingredients that are natural and proven to improve blow flow and overall functioning of the brain.
It doesn’t rely on short-term boosts or limited studies to fulfill its claims. It has a long-term impact and your memory and concentration levels improve with time.
The best for instant results – This is a toss-up between ADDI-A and Genius Pre Workout Powder. The latter is definitely quicker since you mix it and drink but we felt the former was more effective. Both increase focus and concentration but aren’t as impactful in the long run as Percepta or Thrivous Clarity. The boost Genius Pre Workout Powder gives is felt within 10 minutes of taking it while ADDI-A takes about 20.
The most natural – Perecepta has the most natural ingredients. It consists mostly of a proprietary blend of cat’s claw and oolong tea extract. The other ingredients it has are minimal and shouldn’t result in any side effects.
10 Ways Natural Nootropics Improve Your Cognitive Functions
The best natural nootropics your brain’s health and performance in either some or all of the following ways:
- Increases the blood circulation to the brain.
- Provides you with nutrients to promote brain health. Nutrients you might not be consuming otherwise.
- Provides nutrients that vegetarians might miss out on due to their diet.
- Improves the functioning of neurotransmitters enhancing the communication from the brain to the rest of your body.
- Increases energy and oxygen to the brain.
- May reduce inflammation in the brain.
- Provides brain protection from toxins.
- Limits the impact of aging on the brain.
- Promotes the production of healthy brain cells.
- Improves mood and can reduce stress.
Nootropics that Enhance Mental Performance
You should select supplements that include the following nootropics if you want to improve your mental performance.
- Caffeine: The substance in caffeine works to block adenosine receptors in the brain. This promotes alertness and leaves you feeling less tired. Overall, it promotes brain activity and concentration.
- L-theanine: The amino acid has a calming effect on individuals and promotes creativity by increasing alpha-waves in the brain. Mixed with caffeine, the amino acid enhances mental performance.
- Bacopa monnieri: The herb is commonly used to enhance brain function in Ayurvedic medicine. It essentially speeds up your brain’s capabilities to process information and improve memory.
- Panax ginseng: Another medicinal plant, Panax ginseng reduces brain fatigue and improves its processes to enhance your problem-solving abilities.
- Ginkgo Biloba: A study shows that the consumption of the leaves extract has resulted in improved memory and mental processing in adults. It is also linked to reducing stress and high blood pressure.
- B vitamins: Studies show that the 8 soluble vitamins are known to improve various functions in the brain such as energy production, synthesis of neurochemicals, and DNA/RNA repair.
Natural nootropics have numerous benefits, but it is important that you find the right mix in the smart drug you choose.
While we have highlighted the supplements with the best natural nootropics for cognitive function enhancement, don’t expect them to miraculously fight issues such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. These are serious conditions that are still difficult to treat even with all the technological and medicinal advancements.
Smart drugs will enhance brain functionality, improving your focus and attention. But don’t expect them to make you smart and intelligent.