As more and more processed food enters your diet, you need to make sure you’re doing everything you can to ensure your heart stays healthy. Adding ingredients like hemp essential oil to your diet can help you achieve this goal.
Extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant, hemp essential oil is produced through the use of a cold-pressing process. The amount of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) present in hemp plants is less than 0.3%, compared to the 28% found in cannabis plants, which means you won’t experience a “high” feeling by using this oil.
The health benefits of hemp essential oil come from the ideal ratio of 3:1 omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. This product can improve skin health, lower blood pressure, and reduce cholesterol levels.
In this article, we review the best options available on the market today. Our lineup includes six highly-rated products which we hope will allow you to find a product that suits your particular requirements.
In a hurry? Here is a condensed list of our top six recommendations based on the products’ best characteristics.
Best for Skin and Hair: SenseLab Hemp Seed Oil
“A good purchase, especially if you don’t want to pay $$$ for another brand. The reasonable price and good quality means I’d definitely recommend this.”
Best Alternative: Sky Organics Hemp Seed Oil
“I store it in the fridge and the pump bottle is very convenient. I just pump 1/2 a single pump and use it on my skin as a moisturizer. It always gets rid of my dry winter skin and I like using it throughout the year.”
Best Budget: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed Oil
“I’ve tried so many different oils and this is my favorite. My skin used to be oily and acne prone however once I started using hemp and aloe instead of lotion my skin has balanced and I very rarely get a blemish when combining this with my homemade green tea toner and washing my face with honey.”
Best Splurge: Nature’s Beneficials Organic Hemp Oil
“I also observed that ever since I began taking this, it is easier for me to calm down and relax during heated situations. I am normally a very hot headed person and it takes a lot of coaxing to get me to calm down, but since I began taking this, it would be surprising if someone can even get me riled up. It’s such a different experience.”
Best Alternative: Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
“This supplement was recommended to me by a family member. I’ve been taking it for months now and it has improved my hair,skin, and nails better than the EXPENSIVE gummies brand HAIR SKIN AND NAILS! Also good for SOOO many other issues.”
Best Alternative #2: New Age Hemp Oil Extract
“My wife bought me this hemp oil; one month later I was pain-free. I’m not saying this repaired the rotator, but I now have ZERO pain and will delay surgery until that changes.”
This product from SenseLab is made from 100% pure hemp seed extract. The essential oil is only meant for external use and can be used to moisturize your skin and hair. The amount of product in each container is 30 mL.
Hemp seeds have been cold-pressed to extract the oil, and no fillers, flavors, additives, or artificial substances have been added to it. The product is manufactured in India using the highest quality of locally grown plants.
The product is a rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which gives it an amazing aroma once applied. The essential oil can have an anti-aging effect on your skin and hair by increasing the amount of retained moisture and strengthening them.
Because of the product’s excellent scent, it can be used as a room freshener, for aromatherapy, and even in baths.
Some verified customers have noticed that the dropper is not made with high-quality materials. The oil can also be slightly thick and may need to be heated before applying.
- Brand: SenseLab
- Capacity: 30 mL
- Package dimensions: 3.66 x 2.17 x 1.34 inches
- Item weight: 2.72 ounces
- Aromatic scent makes it a good option for aromatherapy, room freshening, and baths
- Free from filler material and artificial substances
- Great for moisturizing your skin and hair
- Dropper is made from lower-quality materials
- Might need to be heated before use because of the thickness
With 100% pure and cold-pressed organic hemp oil, Sky Organics has created a product of higher quality than most other options. The skin-soothing properties of this oil result from the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids it contains.
This oil creates a moisturizing effect for all skin types. If you’re prone to acne or blemishes, this product should help. It can also easily seep into the skin for long-lasting moisture without making your skin too oily.
A complaint that verified purchasers have faced is that the cap tends to leak while traveling with the bottle, so you should take extra care to avoid wasting it or getting it on your clothes or other belongings. It also has to be refrigerated to preserve its effectiveness.
- Brand: Sky Organics
- Capacity: 7.98 fluid ounces
- Package dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 6.5 inches
- Item weight: 8 ounces
- Lightweight nature of the oil leaves no oily residue on your face after use
- Can be used with all skin types
- Helps keep your skin moisturized and nourished, reducing signs of aging
- Not ideal for traveling
- Has to be refrigerated for the best results
If you’re looking for a bigger bottle of hemp seed oil, this product comes in the form of a 12-ounce bottle and still manages to be less expensive than the previous options on the list. If you’re shopping for hemp essential oil on a budget, this might be a good fit for your needs.
The product is non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free, making it ethically manufactured and sourced and can be used by everyone without any side effects. Each serving contains a nutritious balance of twelve grams of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Unlike the previous options on the list, this oil can be consumed orally, and you can add it to multiple recipes like pesto, sauces, salads, and dressings. The oil is gluten-free, vegan, kosher-certified, keto- and paleo-friendly, and dairy-free making it suitable for people with dietary restrictions.
However, some verified customers have claimed that the smell can be fairly unpleasant if you’re not used to it. You should also keep it refrigerated to ensure a longer shelf life.
- Brand: Manitoba Harvest
- Capacity: 12 fluid ounces
- Package dimensions: 7.11 x 2.29 x 2.29 inches
- Item weight: 0.8 pounds
- Inexpensive option
- Can be used on skin or added to recipes
- Excellent organic option for people with allergies or dietary restrictions
- Smell can be off-putting for some people
- Product will need to be refrigerated for a longer shelf life
If budget is not an issue and you’re looking for something that can provide you with the best value, this product from Nature’s Beneficials might be your best option. The organic hemp oil comes in a 2-ounce bottle that is meant to deliver dosages in the form of drops with 1,000 to 5,000 doses in each bottle.
This unique product can provide relief from mental health issues, including stress, anxiety, and insomnia. It is also known to relieve pain and can be a great organic alternative to painkillers or other pain-relievers.
Apart from the product’s steep price tag, some users have noticed that the taste can be unpleasant. This is something you should consider, as the product is consumed through drops.
- Brand: Nature’s Beneficials
- Capacity: 2 fluid ounces
- Package dimensions: 6.89 x 4.09 x 1.85 inches
- Item weight: 4.16 ounces
- Can help with mental health issues by reducing stress and anxiety
- Helps with physical issues like joint pain and inflammation
- Is an excellent organic alternative to sleeping pills
- The taste of the drops can be unpleasant
- Price is higher than that of the other options
The oil, which has a slightly nutty taste, can be used by people with dietary restrictions including those who stick to vegetarian, vegan, paleo, keto, and gluten-free diets. No dangerous chemicals have been used in the making of this product.
One complaint that some people had is that the relaxing nature of the product might cause fatigue. You should also make sure that it does not spill on your clothes, as it can leave an unpleasant smell after drying out.
- Brand: Nutiva Organic
- Capacity: 24 fluid ounces
- Package dimensions: 8.8 x 3 x 3 inches
- Item weight: 0.7 kilograms
- Compatible with all kinds of diets
- Perfect ratio of 3:1 with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Can help with pain relief and and mental health issues
- Some people might experience fatigue as a rare side effect
- Might leave an unpleasant smell if it dries on fabric
This hemp oil is designed to be used as a dietary supplement. It contains a wide range of nutrients, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that work to improve your heart, hair, and skin health, as well as your overall health.
The 4-ounce bottle contains 1,000-5,000 servings, depending on the number of drops you use per serving. This means that it can easily last you a few months, even while taking multiple doses per day.
Before buying this product, you should consider its potential for having an unpleasant taste. Some verified customers have also reported that the product’s packaging is of poor quality.
- Brand: New Age
- Capacity: 4 fluid ounces
- Package dimensions: 8.66 x 5.75 x 1.89 inches
- Item weight: 11.36 ounces
- Long-lasting bottle with up to 5,000 doses
- All-natural, non-GMO, farm-to-table product
- Can help provide relief from stress and pain as well as improve sleep quality
- Some users do not like the aftertaste
- Not the best quality of packaging
The Bottom Line
If you suffer from issues like poor quality of sleep, anxiety, stress, or joint pain, hemp essential oil is something you should consider adding to your diet. You can learn more about this by checking out this article on the health benefits of hemp seed oil.
Essential oils like hemp seed oil are extremely beneficial and may even assist with the treatment of depression.
We hope that this buying guide has helped you pick out the best hemp essential oil for your requirements! After reviewing the products in this article, feel free to choose the oil that best fits your needs.
- WebMD, Health Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil. Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-hemp-seed-oil#1
- PromindBuild, The Efficacy of Essential Oils in the Treatment of Depression. Retrieved from https://promindbuild.com/essential-oils-for-depression/