As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nootropics are designed to improve cognitive function, memory, creativity, and motivation. They come in variations and forms, such as pills, gummies, and liquid.
In this review, we’ll go over five different nootropic drinks and explain how they work.
Let’s get started.
Active Nootropics Boost helps overcome mental block and boost mental endurance. Its recipe is based on clinically established ingredients that promote cognitive function.
- It contains 20mg of bioactive noopept that helps regulate concentration and creativity.
- Enhanced potency increases blood flow to the brain, stimulating attention and alertness.
- The packaging is made of recycled paper.
- It is flavored with blue agave and monk fruit.
- It’s hard to get the drink out. We suggest rolling it like a toothpaste tube to get that last remaining bit.
- The taste of the noopept. If you’re unfamiliar with noopept, the taste is extremely strong and tart.
- The price point is high, though that’s to be expected for these ingredients.
Active Nootropics Boost can help you get things done, whether that is a workout or a work project. Noopept gives you a strong, concentrated boost of brain energy. It’s best for those who can afford it who want the cutting edge of nootropic drinks at this price point. Beware of the strong taste of noopept, which can kick you in the teeth if not used to it, but you can get used to it after a few tries.
The Extra Strength Energy Shot by NEU is a fast-acting blend of nootropics, amino acids, and vitamins. It gives you a boost of energy and mental performance. This drink is zero carbs, zero calories, and zero sugar, making it an excellent choice for all consumers. This nootropic provides a variety of flavors and packaging options, including a sampler pack, so you can find the one you like the most.
- The five different flavor options are a great touch, assuring nearly everyone will find one they enjoy.
- It’s sugar-free, carb-free, calorie-free, and Keto friendly.
- It is long-lasting. Many users say one can provide the extra energy for the whole day.
- The caffeine provides the kick without the jitters or crash.
- The price point is excellent for this type of product.
- As with all energy drinks, the taste is an acquired one.
- It is sweetened with sucralose, which some may not like.
The NEU Extra Strength Energy Shot provides you a steady boost of energy throughout the day. The choice of flavors offers something for everyone and at a price that won’t break the bank. This energy drink is best for people who need more energy without the jitters and crashes.
Best Budget Nootropic Drinks
Discipline GO Energy Drinks is a proprietary blend of amino acids, caffeine, and vitamins. It’s designed to provide clean energy for whatever hill you need to climb. Former Navy SEAL Commander Jocko Willink, crafted Jocko Fuel with ingredients that will boost energy, cognitive performance, and mood. Coming in a variety of six flavors, anyone can find the right boost of energy to GO.
- It’s sugar-free and Keto friendly.
- It has six different flavors to choose from.
- It provides clean energy without the jitters or crashes.
- It’s sweetened with monk fruit instead of sugar or sucralose.
- It contains no artificial flavors or substances.
- The taste is not that great.
The Jocko Discipline GO Energy Drinks are a cost-effective nootropic drink. It’ll provide you with a boost of clean energy without the jitters and hard crashes. The combination of caffeine and vitamins is blended to get the most out of each ingredient. It’s flavored with monk fruit makes it a sugar-free alternative to other energy drinks. It’s best for those who need extra energy on a budget.
Best Nootropic Drink Under $50
The Think Tank is a nootropic powder that boosts memory, energy, focus, and processing speed. A combination of vitamins and natural herbs provides a clean energy shot without jitters or a hard crash. Flavored by stevia, it is sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan friendly. Because it’s a powder, you can mix it with your favorite drink. It provides approximately a month’s worth of energy in one container.
- It provides a day’s worth of energy from one serving.
- It does not dehydrate like other energy drinks due to the liquid-to-product ratio.
- It has all-natural ingredients.
- It’s sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly.
- The cost per serving is far below that of other nootropic drinks.
- The green-colored “Hulk Juice” is a good conversation starter about nootropics.
- Again, the taste needs some getting used to.
- The stevia can produce an aftertaste.
- It comes in only one flavor.
The Mojo Think Tank is a powerful nootropic made to increase focus, energy, and cognitive processing. It has all-natural ingredients and comes in powder form, allowing you to ration out the product as you need. This product is best if you need an ample supply of nootropics that you can consume daily. The price may seem steep, but lasting for weeks on end, the cost per serving is a great deal.
EBOOST Super Fuel is a nootropic drink packed with vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. It’ll provide you with energy and improved mental performance. It combines ten vitamins and three types of electrolytes to help you stay hydrated. It comes in three different flavors and even a sample pack, so you can find which you like the most.
- It has all-natural ingredients.
- It’s gluten-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and Keto friendly.
- The electrolytes are an excellent addition to keep you from dehydration like coffee, or other energy drinks can create.
- The addition of 10 vitamins, including Vitamins C, D, B-6, and B-12, is the most we’ve found in any nootropic so far.
- It provides clean energy without the jitters or crashes.
- The price point is in the higher range.
- That stevia aftertaste can be a problem for some.
- Once again, the taste needs getting used to, so some may dislike it.
Super Fuel by EBOOST is a proprietary blend of natural ingredients that provides you with a clean energy boost without the crash. Coming in three flavors and a sample pack, you can find one you like if you don’t mind spending the extra cash. This drink is best for those who want a product packed with vitamins and electrolytes.
Things to Know Before Buying
Nootropics come in many forms that provide different results and effects. It’s best to know which nootropics provide which benefits so that you can add the best ones for you.
Nootropics can be broken down into natural and synthetic (drug) variants.
- Bacopa monnieri is a plant that has been used in traditional Indian medicine for decades. It has been known to increase brain thinking, learning, and memory. It causes nausea, and it’s best used in a limited fashion.
- Panax ginseng is a plant whose root is the source of ginseng—known anecdotally for its ability to enhance memory and clearer thinking. While its actual effects are disputed, you can use it in conjunction with other nootropics for better results.
- Ginkgo biloba is an herbal supplement that increases your cognitive function. It is a popular ingredient in many nootropic drinks as it is natural and relatively safe.
- B-6 is a vitamin known to be essential for brain growth and immune system health. You can find it naturally in many foods such as poultry, fish, and potatoes. It’s known to improve your thinking, focus, and learning.
- B-12 is another vitamin known to help develop the brain, nerves, blood cells, and other parts of the body. You can find it naturally in foods such as meat, fish, and dairy products. Due to its ability to improve brain development, B-12 is excellent for children and teens.
- L-theanine is an amino acid found in certain plants and fungal species, such as plants, to make green or black tea. It has been shown to improve cognitive abilities and promote relaxation. It is used in many nootropics to enhance focus and concentration.
- Caffeine is naturally found in a variety of seeds, nuts, and plants in multiple regions. It’s found in coffee, tea, and chocolate. Caffeine promotes wakefulness and alertness. It is found in many nootropic drinks for its benefits.
- Nicotine is an addictive substance found in plants such as tobacco leaf. The main ingredient in cigarettes, it produces alertness, orienting attention, and even memory. However, it’s highly addictive and excluded in commercial nootropics.
Synthetic (Drug) Nootropics
- Amphetamine is used in the treatment of ADHD, narcolepsy, and obesity. It’s known to have been beneficial to students pulling all-nighters. It is very addictive. Due to it’s abusive nature, it’s not found in over-the-counter products any longer.
- Methylphenidate is also used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. Much like amphetamine, it can clear and sharpen thinking. Also, it’s addictive and rarely found in nootropics today.
- Eugeroics are a class of drugs that promote wakefulness and alertness. They are typically prescribed to combat sleep disorders. It can cause a limited increase in cognitive functions. Unlike amphetamine and methylphenidate, they don’t cause euphoria, and they are not addictive. Eugeroics can be found in certain nootropics as agents to increase alertness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Nootropics Safe?
The nootropic supplements available over the counter today are mostly safe for use. A small number of people may have adverse side effects from certain ingredients used in nootropics. It’s essential to constantly learn what is in each nootropic you choose before you start taking it. If concerned with other drug interactions, consult your physician before use.
Are Nootropic Drinks Better than Nootropic Pills?
As each person is different, the results of nootropics may affect each differently. Nootropic drinks are usually faster acting than pills due to them being in liquid form. Pills need to be dissolved in the stomach first. For this reason, many prefer nootropic drinks over pills. However, the taste of the nootropic may not be palatable for some users. In that case, pills become the better option.
Some see nootropic drinks to be the best and most advanced form of nootropic supplement. Each nootropic drink will have different effects and benefits. Knowing what each does and how you should use it will help you live your best life.
TruBrain’s Active Nootropics Boost contains noopept, a potent nootropic. This gives it a powerful boost but also increases the price of this product. It’s best for those who don’t mind spending a little more for the added benefit.
The NEU Extra Strength Energy Shot offers fast-acting and long-lasting energy throughout the day. It’s best for those who need a boost of energy without breaking the bank.
The Jocko Discipline GO Energy Drinks are a cost-effective nootropic drink. It combines a wide variety of vitamins and other ingredients to boost energy. It’s best for those with lower budgets who can handle a taste that some may not prefer.
Mental Mojo Think Tank is a potent nootropic powder that you can mix into your favorite drink. This is best for those who desire a day-long energy drink in bulk form.
EBOOST Super Fuel is an all-natural nootropic beverage packed with vitamins and electrolytes. It provides clean energy without the dehydrating effect of many energy drinks. It’s best for those who don’t mind paying extra for the additional elements.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.