In today’s world, staying healthy is an uphill battle for what seems like the majority of the American population. Fortunately, new resources are constantly being developed to combat this problem. In this article, we’ll share a few relora benefits that will boost your health.
With clinical studies confirming that people are getting sicker each year, you need all the help you can get to ensure optimal daily living now!
Relora provides you with numerous beneficial chemical compounds that you can consume in order to promote a more positive mindset and handle daily tasks.
Relora – What Is It?
Relora is a combination of Chinese herbs and plant extracts. Numerous literature sources have confirmed relora’s efficacy and its usage as an alternative medicine.
Poor mood and health conditions are a result of poor sleep quality and chronic stress.
Research has shown that high stress levels can negatively affect your daily life by negatively affecting your cortisol levels and your overall psychological state. This traditional Chinese medicine contains a proprietary blend of extracts that can help solve these problems organically!
In a controlled study, stressed subjects who were given relora and showed a significant decrease in stress levels. Relora optimized the central hormonal pathway and resulted in a steady circadian rhythm. The results of these studies also indicated production of healthy cortisol and energy levels in the stressed subjects.
Readily available in almost all US drug stores, we’ll now be highlighting the major components of this herbal medicine and its proprietary blend of plant extracts.
Constituents of Relora
This traditional Chinese medicine is a herbal blend of two very potent and effective extracts. These extracts are magnolia bark extract and phellodendron bark extract.
The phenolic constituents of these herbal drugs are what give them their positive influence over the hormone systems.
Individually, these two substances have shown promising results in the field of alternative medicine. Now let’s take a closer look at each of these chemical compounds to better understand the effects of these extracts.
Magnolia Bark Extract
It isn’t news that natural products can be very potent when it comes to healing and positively influencing the body, and magnolia bark extract is no exception.
Influence on Weight Loss
The effect of magnolia bark extract on weight management is well recorded. Numerous animal studies on how magnolia bark extract influences weight loss and weight gain can also be found. Garrison and Chambliss conducted one of the most notable studies. It can be found in the Altern Ther Health Med. 2006.
The pilot study, a double-blind and placebo controlled clinical trial, revealed just how potent magnolia bark extract is. It’s also one of the primary reasons this substance is used so commonly in many weight loss products.
Influence on Food Digestion
The pharmacological effects of extract on the digestive system have been recorded by many researchers. Those researchers often discovered that magnolia bark extract improves digestion and limits abdominal distension. Clinical studies carried out by Juan Du et al. also showed that this herbal medicine reduced gastrointestinal toxicity in freely moving rats.
Influence on Mood and Memory
Magnolia bark extracts have numerous active plant constituents that help toimprove brain function, mood, and other psychological functions managed by the brain.
Magnolia bark extract is also featured in many antidepressant drugs because it possesses compounds that exhibit anxiolytic-like effects.
Influence on Other Illnesses
Specific amounts of magnolia bark have been proven to help with reducing blood sugar levels, treating diabetes, and alleviating allergies. It can also promote breathing and boost the immune system.
Research by Pelosin et al. has also shown that this extract can even reach the adrenal chromaffin cells and improve functionality.
Phellodendron Bark Extract
Phellodendron bark extract possesses various helpful phenolic compounds that are very beneficial to the body.
Effect on Metabolism
In a dietary supplement, Phellodendron can significantly influence weight loss and weight gain. The chemical compounds found in this plant metabolize LDL cholesterol in the body and also promote joint health.
In previous studies, phellodendron bark extract has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels. This is a key reason why this extract is often used in the treatment of diabetes.
Effect on Inflammation Disorders
The chemical compounds in this substance possess strong anti-oxidative properties. In addition to promoting anti-inflammatory activity, it also encourages anti-bacterial activity.
Due to the outstanding results observed in previous studies, it has been aptly described as a potent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer agent by the National Cancer Institute.
Effect on Cognition
A current study looking at daily supplementation of this extract in rats shows that it also supports cognition. Research by Maruyama W et al. suggests that this herbal medicine may help treat neurodegenerative disorders.
Effect on Stress
Phellodendron bark extract is highly effective at relieving stress levels. In antidepressant drugs, the presence of this substance has been shown to stimulate the release of dopamine.
This helps people better deal with everyday stressors. It also positively influences cases of sexual dysfunction and promotes a more balanced hormone system in menopausal women.
Other Important Relora Benefits
Now that you understand the major components of relora, we can take a closer look at what these active compounds in combination are capable of doing!
Positively Influences Cortisol Levels and Improves Our Response to Everyday Stressors
Relora provides a viable option to fight this problem by giving your body the resources it needs in order to better manage these stressful conditions. Previous studies conducted by Talbott SM and Julie A. Talbott confirm that relora helps combat stress.
According to Julie A. Talbott et al., this Chinese herb significantly increases your energy levels and reduces cortisol at the same time.
Reduces Anxiety Levels
Even though anxiety disorders are highly treatable, less than half of those suffering from these conditions ever receive treatment.
In cases where the everyday stressors are unavoidable, the combination of these Chinese barks can offer a way out.
To avoid triggering any number of psychological conditions, daily intake of relora can stimulate hippocampal acetylcholine release. This will, in turn, help your cortisol receptors better handle the strain that can come with these conditions.
So, in addition to the benefits recorded by Julie A Talbott, relora can prove very beneficial in reducing anxiety borne from stress by soothing the hormone system and alleviating chronic stress.
Positively Influences Sugar Cravings That Are Triggered By Stress
Excess sugar intake can lead to the development of inflammatory conditions and joint pains. Other side effects include skin problems, diabetes, and kidney disease.
Relora can help by actively reducing your sugar consumption. When you’re less inclined to consume sugary substances, it becomes easier to overcome negative bad eating patterns. Stress cravings can lead to weight gain, so avoiding them with relora can help you avoid potential obesity.
Promotes Optimal Sleep and a Balanced Circadian Rhythm
As has been explained earlier, specific components of relora have powerful properties similar to those observed in benzodiazepines.
Magnolia bark, in particular, actively stimulates the central hormone pathway and other GABA pathways in the brain. What’s more, it does all of this without any benzodiazepine-like side effects.
What this translates to is that with relora, you have a reliable sedative you can use without fear of unwanted side effects.
Relora does this by efficiently balancing your circadian rhythms. In other words, Relora helps regulate your internal clock. A double-blind, placebo controlled clinical trial conducted by Kalman et al. explains in detail how it achieves this result.
In light of just how important this resource is as a dietary supplement, it stands to reason that you might be interested in finding a good source of Relora.
While there are many relora-based supplements out there, here are a few you can count on to consistently meet your needs!
Specially designed with vegans in mind, Source Naturals Serene Science Theanine Supplement will help you leverage the power of plant minerals and vitamins to the fullest!
As the only dietary pill on this list that boasts a substantial dose of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), it acts much faster on neurotransmitter systems and helps calm the nerves.
Its ample supply of magnesium also doubles as a very potent muscle relaxant, helping you get true rest with ease after a stressful day.
This supplement is also great for students trying to improve their study sessions since it helps improve brave wave activity.
The most affordable brand on this list, this product covers the basics to give you nothing short of the very best.
- GABA: 500mg
- Taurine: 450mg
- Magnesium: 300mg
- L-Theanine: 200mg
- Holy Basil Leaf Extract: 100mg
- Relora: 50mg
The Thorne Research – Multi-Vitamin Elite features ingredients that not only increase antioxidant activity, but can also help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Its effect on body metabolism regulates blood sugar levels and helps promote a healthier appetite. This supplement will also improve adrenal functions.
While its price point is significantly higher than the other products on this list, it more than makes up for this with the wealth of active ingredients that it supplies to the body.
The proprietary blend of Relora and host of other vitamins and minerals it boasts complement each other perfectly to enhance recovery and promote energy production.
- Vitamin C: 250mg
- Relora: 200mg
- Green Tea: 75mg
- Vitamin D: 50mg
- Pantothenic Acid: 45mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- Choline: 36mg
- Choline: 18mg
- Boron: 1mg
If you find yourself stress-eating or feeling more anxious than usual, then you might want to try Lifetime Relora Veg Capsules.
The balance in cortisol levels, blissful sleep, and regulated DHEA levels that this supplement will add to your daily life might be just what you need to turn things around!
When ingested, these pills work to calm the hypothalamus and put you in a better state for learning and relaxation.
- Relora: 250mg
- Magnesium Stearate: Unspecified
- Silica: Unspecified
Relora, a combination of plant extracts, is there to help you improve your ability to perform your daily tasks and carry out everyday functions. When it comes to stress, we could all use a hand sometimes. Let’s also not forget that this alternative medicine has very minor side effects.
If you’re feeling stressed, feel free to refer to the recommendations on our list if you want to see some changes in your daily life!
- Preidt Robert. World’s Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows. Web MD. 2015 June: 1.
- Garrison Robert and Chambliss Walter G.Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on weight management: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1): 50-4.
- Mariotti Agnese.The effects of chronic stress on health: new insights into the molecular mechanisms of brain–body communication. Future Sci OA. 2015 Nov; 1(3): 1-9.
- Keely.6 Side Effects of Stress & Anxiety (And How to Deal With Them). Mellowed. 1-13.
- Knurek Sean.Understanding cortisol, the stress hormone. Michigan State University Extension. 2018 Nov: 1-4.
- Baum Seth J and Maki Kevin C. Effect of Relora Supplement on Anxiety, Cognitive Performance & Mood Tested After Induced Stress. InterHealth Nutraceuticals, Inc. 2016 April: 1-8.
- Youn UJ et al.Cytotoxic lignans from the stem bark of Magnolia officinalis. Journal of Natural Products. 2007; 70(10): 1687-1689.
- Kalman Douglas et al.Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: A pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutrition Journal. 2008 Feb; 7(11): 1-6.
- Luo Hanyan et al.A review of the phytochemistry and pharmacological activities of Magnoliae officinalis cortex. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019 May; 236: 412-442.
- Wu Yanling et al.Risk Factors Contributing to Type 2 Diabetes and Recent Advances in the Treatment and Prevention. Int J Med Sci. 2014; 11(11): 1185-1200.
- Du Juan et al.Effects of Magnolia officinalis compatibility with Polygala tenuifolia on mitochondrial metabolism in rats’ liver based on bio-thermodynamics. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. 2017; 130: 1717-1726.
- Liu Xiaoyan et al.Effect of magnolol on cerebral injury and blood brain barrier dysfunction induced by ischemia-reperfusion in vivo and in vitro. Metab Brain Dis. 2017 Aug; 32(4): 1109-1118.
- Zhao Xuezhong et al.Extracts of Magnolia Species-Induced Prevention of Diabetic Complications: A Brief Review. Int J Mol Sci. 2016 Sep;17(10): 1629.
- Pelosin JM et al.Expression of protein kinase C isoforms in various steroidogenic cell types. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. 1991 Feb; 75(2): 149-155.
- Oben Julius et al.Phellodendron and Citrusextracts benefit cardiovascular health in osteoarthritis patients: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study. Nutrition Journal. 2008; 7(16): 1-27.
- Zhao Chao and Liu Zai-Qun.Comparison of antioxidant abilities of magnolol and honokiol to scavenge radicals and to protect DNA. Biochimie. 2011 Oct; 93(10): 1755-60.
- Xu Qun et al.Antidepressant-like effects of mixture of honokiol and magnolol from the barks of Magnolia officinalis in stressed rodents. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry. 2007; 32(3): 715-25.
- Naoi M. et al.Type A and B Monoamine Oxidase in Age-Related Neurodegenerative Disorders: Their Distinct Roles in Neuronal Death and Survival. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry. 2012; 12: 2177-2188.
- Mazzio E et al.High throughput screening to identify natural human monoamine oxidase B inhibitors. Phytother Res. 2013 Jun; 27(6): 818-28.
- Knoll J et al.Striatal dopamine, sexual activity and lifespan. Longevity of rats treated with (-)deprenyl. Life Sci. 1989; 45(6): 525-31.
- NYU Langone Health. Study paints somber picture of US mental health status and access to care. Psychiatric Services. 2017 April: 1-2.
- American Psychological Association.Stress in America™ 2020. A National Mental Health Crisis. 2020 Oct: 1-9.
- Melmed Shlomo et al.Williams Textbook of Endocrinology. 2019 Nov; 14th Edition.
- Thau Lauren et al.Physiology, Cortisol. StatPearls Publishing LLC. 2021 Feb: 1-5.
- Talbott Shawn M et al.Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug; 10(1): 37.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America.Facts & Statistics. Anxiety & Depression Association of America. 2021: 1-6.
- Pereira-Lima K and Loureiro SR.Burnout, anxiety, depression, and social skills in medical residents. Psychol Health Med. 2015; 20(3): 353-62.
- Shi Yuan et al.Herbal Insomnia Medications that Target GABAergic Systems: A Review of the Psychopharmacological Evidence. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2014 May; 12(3): 289–302.
- El-Khoury Rita et al.GABA and glutamate pathways are spatially and developmentally affected in the brain of Mecp2-deficient mice. PLoS One. 2014 Mar; 9(3): 1.